Why CHAS Accreditation?
CHAS is the 'The Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme' which for many years has been a trusted accreditation for health and safety compliance. The majority of local authorities and most major contractors will insist on CHAS Accreditation as part of the pre-tender process for new contracts.
For many years we have helped clients from a range of industries and businesses achieve and successfully maintain CHAS Accreditation. We can help you get through your initial CHAS registration, guide you through the process and help you maintain your accreditation afterwards.
CHAS Accreditation demonstrates that you meet all of the necessary contractor Health and Safety requirements, brings value to your business, gives a professional image, reduces time taken for tendering, a CHAS accreditation will almost certainly open doors and provide opportunities for your business.
What Does CHAS Involve?
CHAS is externally assessed via an on line platform, documentation supporting all of the criteria below needs to be submitted as part of the application. We can help you prepare all of the necessary documentation, either by updating your existing systems or by preparing the new policies, procedures & documentation you will need to support your application. We can also help you maintain your accreditation year on year by regularly updating and reviewing your systems and procedures.
If you have Fewer than 5 employees accreditation will take into account;
- Health & Safety Arrangements
- Health & Safety Training
- Risk and COSHH Assessments
- Method Statements
- Asbestos Awareness Training & Management
- Contractor Management & Competence Assessment
- Manual Handling Assessments
- Access to Competent Health & Safety Advice
If you have more than More than 5 employees the following additional requirements will also be assessed;
- Health & Safety Policy Statement
- Work Equipment Procedures
- Employee Consultation Arrangements
- First Aid Provision
- Fire Emergency Procedures & Fire Risk Assessments
- Display Screen Equipment Assessments
- Electrical Safety & PAT Testing
- Health Surveillance Arrangements
- Accident Reporting Procedures
- Work Equipment Inspections & Maintenance
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Workplace Safety Inspections
- Monitoring Audit & Review Procedures
Get in Touch
Posted on 28 May, 2020
Revised working arrangements In response to the latest government directives we have closed our offices and have moved to remote… View Article