Safe-n-Sure specialises in advising companies on compliance with The Control of Substances Harzardous to Health regulations 2002 (COSHH). Our COSHH assessments ensure that employers can feel confident that they have fulfilled their 'duty of care' to safely manage the harmful effects of substances and to reduce the risk of accidents and ill health at work.
By measuring exposure to harmful substances such as dust, fumes, solvents and irritants, we can see whether adequate controls are in place to comply with current workplace exposure limits (WEL).
Our COSHH assessment overview includes:
- A brief description of the activity being assessed
- A review of the substances being assessed
- Details of the client’s elimination and substitution policy
- Details of whether emissions are adequately controlled
- Details of controls used and, if none, any remedial action required
- Analysis of effective control measure usage by staff
- The frequency and duration of exposure
- Analysis of support measures such as Safe System of Work datasheets
- Recommendations for improving safety measures (personal protective equipment, PPE, RPE) and control strategies, such as local exhaust ventilation (LEV)
- An action register to ensure improvements are made, where required
- Recommended date for re-assessment
Local Exhaust Ventilation
In line with Regulation 11 of the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002, Safe-n-Sure’s health and safety advisers can carry out LEV assessments every 14 months in accordance with Health and Safety Series Booklet: HSG 53.
Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV) systems such as fume extraction units help to remove harmful substances including dust, fumes and irritants at source. Safe-n-Sure can measure and assess your LEV systems and recommend ways of improving their performance for more effective capture and removal. Our certificates of test and examination are an invaluable record to show compliance with legal requirements.
To avoid the problems caused by dust generated at work, Safe-n-Sure’s health and safety advisers can carry out dust monitoring assessments to determine compliance with workplace exposure limits and ensure that adequate procedures and respiratory protective equipment is put in place.
Safe-n-Sure’s health and safety advisers can help to ensure that you have good solvent management controls in place including effective procedures and respiratory protective equipment.
Posted on 5 March, 2019
OSHCR Certificate of Registration
Posted on 25 September, 2016
Welcome to the new Safe-n-Sure Ltd Website. Our Health and Safety Advisers offer a flexible, tailored and cost-effective service to help… View Article